The main bread flour of Northern and Eastern Europe, Rye has been popular for ages as a food that satisfies and fuels the body. Its robust flavor lends itself well to artisan breads including pumpernickel.
• Rye co-evolved as a weed with wheat and barley for over 2,000 years in South East Asia until its value as a crop was recognized.
• Has great agricultural significance as a winter cover crop as it has natural weed suppression, can withstand cold temperatures and poor soil conditions.
• Is unusual among grains for the high level of fiber in its endosperm- not just in its bran. Because of this, rye products generally have a lower glycemic index than products made from most other grains, making them especially healthy for diabetics.
• A rich and versatile source of dietary fiber, especially a type of fiber called arabinoxylan, which is also known for its high antioxidant activity.
• Contains phenolic acids, lignans, alkylresorcinos and many other compounds with potential bioactivities.
• Research indicates that consuming whole grain rye has many benefits including: improved bowel health, better blood sugar control, and reduced risk of type 2 diabetes and overall weight management due to improved satiety (feeling full longer after eating).
• Rye is an excellent source of selenium and manganese and also contains magnesium in good amounts. It also contains good amounts of the cholesterol the lowering B vitamins folate, riboflavin, niacin and thiamin.
Ingredients: Organic Rye
This product is also available in 10lbs, 25lbs or 50lbs bag. Please inquire for pricing details.
Bonjour Marketplace - Organic Rye 750g
Product Code: 2647