Named after the glossy plump shape of the beluga whale, these Black Lentils are a small but nutritionally mighty member of the legume family. They boast a complex rich flavour and readily absorb flavors from other foods and seasonings making them delicious and versatile.
• Unique black color and plump shape.
• Quick and easy to prepare. They readily absorb a variety of wonderful flavors from other foods and seasonings and have a multitude of diverse and delicious uses.
• High in fiber, protein and complex carbohydrates, while low in fat and calories. They are naturally gluten-free, making them a delicious staple in a gluten-free kitchen. Their exceptionally low glycemic index (low GI) values and resistant starch content make them suitable for a diabetic diet.
• Lentils (also known as pulses) are very important to sustainable agriculture. They use half the renewable energy inputs of other crops such as wheat and fix nitrogen for improved soil health.
• Considered an important source of protein for vegetarian diets and a meat alternative in Canada's food guide due to their high protein content.
Ingredients: Organic Lentils
This product is also available in 10lbs, 25lbs or 50lbs bag. Please inquire for pricing details.
Bonjour Marketplace - Organic Lentils - Black 750g
Product Code: 1485